- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup canned jalapeno pepper slices, juice reserved
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- crushed red pepper to taste
In a blender or food processor, mix the garbanzo beans, jalapeno peppers and reserved juice, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. Season with cumin, curry powder, and crushed red pepper. Blend until smooth.
You can eat them straight from the garden, put them on Tiger Tofu Nachos (recipe to come), or nachos and cheese. Jalapenos can be used in all kinds of recipes.
I washed them and placed them on a white paper towel. Yummy!